The role of an Admin Reviewer is to assess the measures of performance related to the administrative components of a course. Admin reviews are always completed prior to a course being assigned to an Interim or Certified Reviewer.
- Before commencing an assessment, you will need to enroll in the course and verify that you have access to the learning package. The guest login details for the course will be included in the email that you receive which assigns you the course.
- As an Admin Reviewer you are assigned course reviews by the TELAS Administrator by email with the expectation that you will be able to complete the assigned review within a reasonable time frame. Please contact the TELAS Administrator immediately if you are unlikely to be able to do this.
- You are deemed to have accepted an assignment unless you reply to your notification email and inform the TELAS Administrator that you are unable to accept the assignment.
- Admin reviews are always completed prior to a course being assigned to an Interim or Certified Reviewer. Once you have completed your review, the TELAS Administrator will assign the course to the next Reviewer.
- As an Admin Reviewer, you can assess courses from any institution assigned by the TELAS Administrator.
How to use a course Assessment Form
- The assessment form is divided into separate pages to make the screen layout of forms more user friendly. View this diagram for a description of the different elements in the assessment form layout.
- Assessment forms contain the following hierarchy of elements:
– Standards: There are 8 standards in the form – two for each of the four domains.
– Performance Criteria: Each standard contains a number of performance criteria.
– Success indicators: Each performance criteria contains a number of success indicators.
– Measure of Performance: the individual score for each success indicator.
– Overall Score: the “summary” score for each performance criteria.
– Comments: available at the end of each standard.
- When you open an assessment form, you will find a Course Details Summary panel displayed at the top of the page displaying critical information about the course.
- As you can see from the diagram, each page on the assessment form displays several Performance Criteria. The Success Indicators for each Performance Criteria are displayed by selecting the dropdown arrow visible on the left of each Performance Criteria.
- You only need to assess those Performance Criteria that are underlined.
- You score each Success Indicator by selecting one of four choices – Yes, Yes But, No But or No. Selected scores are colour coded when clicked.
- You cannot select the Overall Scores indicated at the end of each Performance Criteria as these will be selected by the First and Second Reviewers when they undertake their reviews of the course after you have finished your part of the assessment.
- First and Second Reviewers will see your Success Indicator scores in dark grey to differentiate them from their own scores which are marked in blue.
- First and Second Reviewers cannot edit your scores.
- The Form has a progress bar to indicate which standard you have completed.
- The Standards row also displays the percentage completed on the far right. If the % indicated is less than 100% at the end of your assessment, it means you have missed one or more scores somewhere in your assessment. Missed scores are identified by clicking each of the Standards on the Standards row until you locate an underlined Performance Criteria description. Dropdown the underlined Performance Indicator and you will see which Success Indicators have not been marked. Mark these and you should then see 100% displayed on the Standards row and the Mark Complete button will now be displayed below your assessment.
- A comment field is available at the end of each standard in the form. A prefix user type identifier is automatically added to each comment once the assessment is saved, i.e. [Admin-Reviewer], [First Reviewer] or [Second Reviewer]. Names are not added, only the reviewer type. Reviewers should include a ref number as to which success indicator their comment applies.
- Navigation buttons are displayed at the bottom of each page, including Previous and Next. Once Standard 8 is displayed, you will see Save and Mark Complete. To cancel an assessment, simply exit the page without saving in which case all input will be lost.
- Assessments can be saved at any point and you are able to return later to complete the assessment. Once complete, the reviewer must select Mark Complete.
Your user dashboard
- Once you are registered as an Admin Reviewer, you will have access to a user dashboard that lists any and all courses they have been assigned to you.
- Your course assessments are displayed in your dashboard as either assigned, in-progress or completed. If you partially complete an assessment and save it, you will find it later listed under the “in-progress” tab.
- Dashboard lists are dynamic and change according to the data input by users in their online sessions.
- Certain actions by users in TELAS trigger auto generated emails to users. As an Admin Reviewer, you receive an email confirmation when registering and you can expect to receive an email when a course is assigned to you for assessment.
- Emails are sent to the email address you submitted in your User Profile and the TELAS administrator is copied in on all auto generated emails to users.
- All TELAS emails to users are sent from firstname.lastname@example.org and the subject line always contains the word [TELAS] so that you may easily recognise them.