The Reviewer Certification Workshop is a full-day online workshop for those who wish to become TELAS Certified Reviewers. The workshop is split across two half days to help with “zoom fatigue”. Participants will be required to perform pre-work and undertake follow-up reviews to become certified. The workshop aims are as follows:
- Raise awareness of good practices in the design of quality online learning, as rationalized in the TELAS Framework.
- Introduce individuals to the affordances for quality online learning design, against the TELAS Framework measures.
- How to moderate the assessment of online learning design against the TELAS Framework measures and develop a consistent understanding of how this assessment could be measured so that reliable benchmarking and comparison of performance could be broadly applied.
- Encourage recognition of exemplary practice in the design of quality online learning.
- Develop knowledge and skills in the use of resources and infrastructure that is required to support the formal accreditation process.
- Create a network of champions to promote and progress this initiative.
Workshop Dates and Times
Below are TELAS Reviewer Certification workshop dates and times. These workshops take place online over two days:
|Date and time||Registration|
|28 October 2021 @ 12pm – 3pm AEST | Other time zones
29 October 2021 @ 9am – 12pm AEST | Other time zones
|Registration is closed.|
|20 January 2022 @ 12pm – 3pm AEST | Other time zones
21 January 2022 @ 9AM – 12pm AEST | Other time zones
|Registration has now closed as the workshop is oversubscribed.
The cost of Reviewer Certification Workshops is $150 for members and $300 for non-members*. The non-member fee includes a 12 month membership in ASCILITE. Further details including workshop pre-work and a calendar invite are provided after registering. Payment may be made online or you may opt to be invoiced.
*If you work at a university that has an unlimited ASCILITE membership (La Trobe University, Australian Catholic University, University of Wollongong, University of Melbourne, Central Queensland University, Charles Sturt University or the University of Auckland) and you are not yet a member of ASCILITE, please join ASCILITE for free since the cost is covered by your institution. Once you’ve done that, you may select the $150 workshop fee category when you register for the workshop.
Reviewer Certification Fee
The optional cost to become a certified reviewer is $250 and this can be paid at the same time as you register for a reviewer certification workshop. However, there is no obligation to become a certified reviewer when attending the workshop. For those who do choose to become certified, they can expect to recoup their certification fee from their first review assignment. Please keep in mind that review opportunities are subject to institutional demand.